Bring something fabulously Patriotic to the table.
This Memorial Day weekend, go red, white & blue. Think red fruits, tomatoes & red peppers. Blueberries & black-n-blue grapes. Jicama, fennel & cauliflower, all white vegys waiting to be salsa & salads. For dessert white, go with cream, vanilla ice cream, white chocolate. Marshmallows! Get creative with your own combinations.
You can be proud to serve any one of these Red White & Blue recipes!
Switch out the blackberries & yellow pepper for roasted blue grapes or blueberries & strawberries
- 1 10 oz Brie, room temp
- 1/2c. black/blue grapes, halved
- 1/4c. sliced strawberries
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- 1T. fresh Chives, chopped
Preheat oven to 400°. Place grapes on baking sheet and roast for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to burst. Remove from oven, reduce heat to 350° and set aside. Place Brie on parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Gently heat in 350 oven for about 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to serving dish. Top with roasted grapes and sliced strawberries, drizzle with a touch of olive oil & vinegar, add Chives and serve with French bread slices or crackers.
My America Cocktail- 1 serving
- 2 oz. vodka, chilled
- 2 oz. seltzer or club soda
- 2oz. tonic
- 1 splash blueberry simple syrup
- 1 strawberry, sliced on one side for glass garnish
Shake vodka, soda & tonic w crushed ice. Strain into martini glass. Pour in a splash of syrup, garnish with strawberry and enjoy!
Spirit of America Salsa- 4-6 servings
- 1/2 jicama, peeleed,diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 T. olive oil
- drizzle Balsamic vinegar
- 1T. fresh chopped chives
- Blue tortilla chips
Toss vegetables together in a small bowl. Drizzle with oil & vinegar, add herbs. Chill or serve immediately with blue chips.
Think outside the box:
- Cherry tomatoes stuffed with cooked orzo & roasted blue grapes
- Sliced fennel, sliced red pepper & julienned blue baby carrots or cooked blue fingerling potatoes
- Fresh cherries, blueberry ice cream & whipped cream.
NOW, you’re on the right track…..