It’s summer, which could mean you have more squash than you know what to do with. Here’s some ideas to help you change it up!
- Steam it, hollow and stuff with a sauteed blend of the squash pulp, cooked ground meat & your favorite vegys, then bake.
- Make patties with shredded squash, egg, seasoning & some cheese—saute & serve with Crème Fraiche or Greek yogurt.
- Serve it summer style as Zucchini carpaccio- sliced, drizzled w vinaigrette & topped with Parm or ricotta Salata.
- If you’ve never grilled these gems, simply cut lengthwise into spears, drizzle with olive oil, dust with s&p. Use a silicone vegetable mat or grill vegetable basket.
- A light summer entree for brunch or dinner is a squash tart. Roll out a store bought pie crust, turn over edges by 1/2″, prick the center with a fork and bake @ 400 for 6 minutes. Cool slightly, smear with goat or other spreadable cheese, layer with thin slices of squash, dust with a handful of chopped herbs and bake until browned & the cheese is melted.
- For a zip of healthiness and moistness, add shredded zucchini to muffins, breads and cake batter.
What’s your favorite take on summer squash?